FileMaker Google Address Module
As a consultant finding the balance between capturing such data and the time it takes to enter that data is a constant battle.
Most off the shelf CRMs provide functionality that allows a user to enter reliable, valid and accurate data — quickly. This improves the efficiency of data capture, whilst providing the company with the data it needs. The most simple example of this is an address lookup.
During a recent project, the development team at Solis Digital have produced an Address Lookup Module utilising Google, that can be plugged into any file with 3 simple steps.
Download the example file here.
Steps to implement:
- Add the AddressLookup.fmp12 file as an external datasource in your file named “AddressLookup”.
- Import the script folder named “AddressLookup: All Files” from the module into your file.
- Create a button or trigger to call the “Public.LaunchAddressSearch” script with the parameter provided. In the parameter replace “FieldName” with your related address fields.
- Requires FileMaker 16 or higher.
- Requires users to have an internet connection.
- Ensure all users have ‘Allow URLs to run FileMaker scripts’ selected in extended privileges.
If you have any problems, questions or suggestions for improvements to this file, please do not hesitate to get in contact via email — email@example.com.
For more information on delivering custom applications or if you just fancy a chat you can always find us at solisdigital.com.
*Special thanks to John Renfrew for providing the techniques used in the module.